Sunday, January 6, 2008

Keeping up with the Joneses



I have to admit that this blog has become something totally different than what was intended. Hilary told me that her New Year's Resolution was to start a blog about Harper and Merriwether. Being the incredibly supportive younger sister (and middle child) that I am, I immediately started to make fun of her and this whole "blogging craze" including the word "blog" itself and all of it's tenses. So I was going to start a parody blog to her "Little Mockingbirds" blog called "Mocking the Birds" and tease her and her queerness without mercy before the eyes of the world wide web.

But, that was the old Amy. Oh, I still plan on mocking her daily (otherwise she wouldn't know who I was), but once I started making the page I fell in love with idea of making a page for Jane. This is proof that stretchmarks and sleep deprivation coupled with the loneliness of SAHM-hood can really take the sting out of your stinger. I want my baby to have a blog too. A pretty pink one where I can post pictures of her and bore the universe with all of her marvels. Did you know that she can sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider?" Well, she can't--but I think she can. Yes, I have perfectly logical reasons for making Janie a blog--regular communication with out-of-town and busy-in-town (Uncle Brooke) relatives.
But as Andrew will attest, I find little use for logical reasons.

So here we go!

3 comments:

Hilary said...

good work butthead!

pritchard said...

ok I have done this 3 times now maybe this is the charm.. make that 4 times

Unknown said...

I'm starting a John Pritchard blog, simply called ...
"Baxter - A Man and His God Son."