Thursday, January 10, 2008

Little Mommy

Janie loves her baby dolls these days. Andrew and I have named them all and she can identify who is who. The baby dolls often need to be swaddled (preferably in tea towels) and they are well fed and bathed by Jane daily. Uncle Brooke's favorite "Jane trick" is when she sniffs the baby's butt when asked if they pooped. Andrew made her a doll bed for Christmas and every night Baby Wilma, Baby Hannah, and Baby Merriwether get 5 blankets piled on top of them and Janie pats them passionately about 5 times and they magically go to sleep. I think it would be more fair if she'd have to nurse and rock them (in a broken chair) all to sleep for at least thirty minutes while listening to Annoying International Lullabies coupled with a white noise machine. And then she should have to creep out of the room while praying that the charming hard wood floors won't creak and cursing all of the people with wall to wall carpeting and a door that didn't click so loudly that it wakes up the baby... But I digress. It's nice that she enjoys being a mommy. It does make me proud.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Love your pink Janie blog! I see that your sister, in keeping true to her colors, has gone with a unisex theme. I declare you winner! Ha ha ;)

Hilary said...

cute post.


but I have 5!